Is your Amazon Fire Stick remote giving you trouble and not operating properly? This remote is different from the ones you’re used to seeing around your house. As a result, figuring out what’s going on with it can be challenging.
The Amazon Fire Stick is a little portable gadget that connects to the HDMI connector on your television. It allows you to access your favorite photos, games, music, television series, and films. It includes a brand-new Fire Stick, a controller, a power adapter, a USB cable, two AAA batteries, an HDMI extension, and a user manual.
The Amazon Fire Stick competes directly with Chromecast and Roku. Users of the Fire Stick, on the other hand, have reported troubles with the remote that can leave you stranded. Before calling Amazon customer service, try this guide for some quick remedies.
Do Firestick Remotes Go Bad?
The Amazon Fire Stick control is convenient and simple to use. The remote, on the other hand, can fail at any time. After a few weeks or months of use, issues may arise.
It’s also possible that your Fire Stick remote will break the moment you open the box. The best course of action is to return it to Amazon right away and request a replacement remote. While your replacement remote is being delivered, you can continue to utilize the Amazon Fire Stick by utilizing their TV remote app for Android and iPhones to watch your favorite shows.
Why Is My Fire Stick Remote Not Working?
Have you ever wondered why your Fire Stick control suddenly stopped working? It can occur for a variety of causes. Let’s look at a few of these reasons in more detail.
- The batteries in a Fire Stick remote are the most likely cause of failure. Your Firestick remote may cease operating if it has a low battery charge or if the batteries have been put incorrectly.
- Your Fire Stick isn’t linked with your remote.
- The Fire Stick is more than 30 feet away from your remote control.
- There could be obstacles in the way of your Fire Stick remote’s range.
- It’s possible that other Bluetooth-enabled gadgets in your home are interfering with your remote.
- The Fire Stick will not work with your replacement remote.
- Your Fire Stick remote may cease operating due to water damage or other internal/external issues.
What Do You Do When Your Amazon Fire Stick Stops working?
Now that you’ve learned about the most common causes of problems with your Fire Stick remote, it’s time to learn about some of the simplest ways to fix it.
Replace Amazon Fire Stick Remote Batteries
Often, all your Fire Stick remote needs is a new pair of batteries to get it working again. Remove the old batteries from your remote’s back cover and replace them with new ones. Make sure you don’t install them backwards, though. Check that your remote works after you’ve installed the fresh batteries. If not, proceed on to the next step of the process.
Do A Complete Power Cycle For Remote and Fire Stick
The simplest repair for not being able to connect your remote to your Fire Stick is to power cycle your Fire Stick remote. To do so, follow these steps:
- Remove the remote’s rear cover.
- Remove the batteries and wait 10 seconds before replacing them.
- Replace the batteries and check to see if your remote is working again.
- If this is not the case, Unplug your TV from the wall or the power from the Amazon Fire Stick device.
- Allow roughly 30 seconds to pass.
- Wait for the Amazon Fire Stick to appear on your TV when you re-plug the TV or the Fire Stick.
- Take your remote and attempt again to operate the Fire Stick.
Try To Pair Your Fire Stick Remote Again
To get your remote back in working order, unpair it and pair it with the Amazon Fire Stick again.
- Turn on your television and the Fire Stick.
- To unpair the Fire Stick remote, press and hold the Home + Back buttons together for 10 seconds before releasing them.
- To re-pair it with the Fire Stick, press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds, then release it.
- Rep the previous procedures until you can operate your Fire Stick with the remote.
If you received a replacement remote and it isn’t working, try pairing it using the steps below.
- Go to the Controllers and Bluetooth Devices section of your TV’s settings.
- Select Amazon Fire TV remotes and then Add new remote from the drop-down menu.
- Your TV will begin searching through Bluetooth for a new Fire Stick remote.
- Hold down the Home button on your new remote for 10 seconds to pair it with your Fire Stick and make it appear on the list.
Remove Obstructions and Interferences
It will not work if you try to use your Fire Stick remote from a long distance. Move your TV closer to the Fire Stick or use the remote within 30 feet of the Fire Stick with no impediment in the way to reduce the distance.
Second, you can relocate other Bluetooth devices to different rooms in your house or turn them off to see if any of them are interfering with your Amazon Fire Stick control.
How Do I Reset My Fire Stick Remote?
To resolve the issues, the last thing you can do is reset your Amazon Fire Stick control. To do this with your remote, follow these steps:
- For 15 seconds, press and hold the Left and Menu buttons at the same time.
- Wait 60 seconds after releasing the buttons.
- Remove the batteries from the remote.
- Wait 60 seconds after unplugging your Fire Stick.
- Replace the batteries in the remote and connect your Fire Stick to the television.
- Press and hold the Home button for 40 seconds after the Home screen shows, then release the buttons.
- Allow another 60 seconds for the setup to finish.
Hopefully, this article has assisted you in determining why your Amazon Fire Stick Remote is malfunctioning. If your remote is still not working, check for physical damage or see if it is compatible with your Firestick. Best of luck!