If you’re a frequent TikTok user, you’ll almost certainly use the report option at some time. However, under what circumstances may you report an account/video/hashtag, and what action would TikTok take? If you need more information about reporting a TikTok or are unsure how to do so, we have the solutions to your questions.
Are TikTok reports anonymous
TikTok reports are, indeed, anonymous. TikTok, like other social media platforms, allows users to report videos anonymously. Check to see whether an account violates the community rules or terms of service before reporting it. It will not be removed if it is something you detest but does not violate our rules. If you are uncertain, go with reporting the content. If it does not fit into any of the report’s categories, it is most likely not a violation. However, if you don’t like the material, be sure to block it.
Content such as pornography, harassment, hate speech and endangerment, all fall under the report policy.
How to report someone on TikTok
Reporting a video on TikTok
If you’re not sure how to report a TikTok video, follow these steps:
- In the lower right hand corner of the screen, click the share icon.
- After that, click report and select why it should not be on the platform from a list of possibilities, which includes deceptive information, hazardous organizations, and criminal acts.
- Once you’ve finished your report, make sure to click submit.
- After submitting a report, you should receive a response within 48 hours.
Reporting a hashtag on TikTok
You may report a hashtag that is inappropriate and violates the site’s standards. You do this by tapping the hashtag you wish to report on, then sharing and reporting. After reporting the video, you must create a report for TikTok to investigate.
There are two ways to report comments, depending on whether you want to report one or numerous comments. To report a single remark, long-press the comment you wish to report, then pick and fill out the report. However, if you want to report many comments, such as a large number of spam, here’s how:
- To launch a window of choices, long press on a remark or tap the pencil symbol in the top left corner.
- Then pick manage multiple comments, from which you may select up to 100 comments.
- After you’ve selected the comments, press more and then report comments.
Report a user on TikTok
If you want to report a person on TikTok, make sure they’ve broken the rules before you do so. However, if you wish to report a user, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the user’s profile.
- Tap ‘…’ and then pick report.
- Follow the steps after that, explaining why you wish to report the account.
- Then click the submit button.
What happens when you report someone on TikTok?
The outcome will be determined on what the account you reported did. However, if they have been reported, users might expect the following:
- If you report a video, TikTok will investigate it. A report resolution might take anything from a few hours to a week. This is determined by how busy their reporting staff is. The video will no longer be available for viewing until this has been evaluated. If it is flagged during the upload process, it will be held until it is investigated.
- TikTok has a zero-tolerance policy, so if you report someone and they are determined to have violated the conditions, they will be banned from the platform.
If you are not getting many view from Tiktok, this is for you.
Reporting someone on TikTok, will they know it was you?
All TikTok reports are anonymous and will be kept anonymous regardless of the outcome. So the user won’t know that it is you that has reported them.
TikTok report a problem with feedback
You may contact TikTok by either reporting a bug on the app or via the TikTok feedback form. You may also contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your problem is limited to the app, TikTok recommends that you report it there.
You can appeal a TikTok decision, such as a report, if you disagree with it.
How to cancel a report on TikTok
Unfortunately, once you have made a report on TikTok, you will be unable to withdraw it. As a result, until it is examined, the user’s material may be limited. This is why TikTok advises people filing reports to first review the community standards.
We hope this has been helpful, and please contact us if you have any additional questions.