Is the sound in Fortnite not working? Are you experiencing audio issues while playing the game on your PC or Xbox One? Don’t worry, we’re here to help you understand why this happens and how to simply solve it with our complete guide.
You may play Fortnite single, as a pair, or in a squad. With the several games that fall under the Fortnite banner, you may construct planets, combat arenas, compete to be the last person standing, and slay zombie-like monsters.
However, several people are claiming that the sound is missing while playing Fortnite on their PC or Xbox One. Users have tried a variety of conventional troubleshooting procedures but have been unable to restore sound. With our fixes, we hope you’ll be able to address the problem.
You also might like:
Why is my Fortnite game sound not working?
If the Fortnite sound isn’t working, it might be due to one of the following issues.
- The deaf person In the PC system settings, the Fortnite sound option is disabled.
- Under PC playback devices, your audio device is not set as the default.
- You are not utilizing the most recent audio drivers on your computer.
- The sound settings for the Xbox One are wrong.
- There is an issue with your HDMI cable that connects to your Xbox One
- Set-top box, as well as connectivity and settings difficulties on your Xbox One.
How do I fix no sound in Fortnite PC?
To fix the Fortnite sound issues on your PC, try the following troubleshooting steps.
Check Fortnite sound
Sometimes, Fortnite sound is muted on your PC resulting in no audio during play. To check this:
- Start Fortnite on your computer and minimize it.
- Open the Windows Settings dialog box.
- Select Sound from the left menu after clicking System.
- Check to see that your input and output devices are operating properly. If this is not the case, run the troubleshooter.
- Then, select Advanced sound options, followed by App volume and device preferences.
- Look up Fortnite and make sure the sound isn’t muted.
Set default playback device
Quite often, your audio hardware will not function properly in Fortnite because it is not set as the default playback device on your PC. To select the appropriate playback device, follow these steps:
- Unplug and reconnect your audio equipment to your computer.
- Close Fortnite and go to the Control Panel.
- Select the Playback tab after clicking the Sound option.
- Select “Set as default device” from the context menu when you right-click on your audio device.
- Next, navigate to the Recording tab and ensure that the audio device is set as the default.
- Now, restart Fortnite to check whether that technique resolves the sound problem.
Update audio device drivers
Sound difficulties in Fortnite might occur if you do not use the most recent audio device drivers. To correct this:
- Expand “Audio inputs and outputs” in the Device Manager.
- Right-click on your audio device and choose Properties.
- If Windows cannot find the updated drivers, click on update driver and download them.
How do I get sound back on Fortnite Xbox?
To get the Fortnite sound back on Xbox, try these fixes.
Check Xbox One audio settings
- Go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output after pressing the Xbox button.
- Under Speaker audio, select HDMI audio.
- If you’re not sure about 5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed, or Bitstream out, choose “Stereo uncompressed.”
Check HDMI cable
Audio signals cannot reach your Xbox One if the HDMI cable is not securely connected to your audio device. As a result, you must physically inspect the HDMI cable connection and search for any signs of damage to the cable. You may also try replacing the HDMI cable with a better brand.
Inspect device connectivity issues
A basic rule of thumb for resolving sound difficulties on Xbox One is to connect your set-top box directly to the Xbox One via HDMI cable. Then connect the Xbox One to your TV directly. You can also unplug any equipment that is causing the audio signal to deteriorate while playing Fortnite.
Check set-top box
Sound troubles with the game may sometimes be traced back to the set-top box. In this scenario, you may need to reset the set-top box using the technique outlined below.
- Remove the cords from the set-top box.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power and other cords to the set-top box.
- Now, launch Fortnite on your Xbox One and check for any sound difficulties.
Poor audio reception from the antenna causes sound troubles on your game console if you utilize an over-the-air set-top box. As a result, ensure that your HD antenna is in good working order.
Fortnite is a fantastic game to enjoy on your PC or Xbox One. However, if you are encountering sound troubles, it might reduce the enjoyment element, especially if you are fighting in a duo or a squad to be the last man standing. We hope that by following our simple troubleshooting instructions, you will be able to resolve the Fortnite sound not working issue.