how do i perform a factory rest with windows 8
You are watching: reset windows computer to factory settings
how do i perform a factory rest with windows 8
These are 8.1 forums, but you say 8.
Here are the Key/s to press at Boot to start the Recovery Process back to Factory Settings (new condition). Under each Manufacturer in the list below are the instructions in the respective links for you to follow on how to use their Recovery Partition
Acer – Press Left Alt + F10 Keys.
“Use Acer eRecovery application to restore your system or create recovery media”
Asus – Press F9
This is how to use the Asus Recovery process.
Dell – Press F8 which will bring up Advanced Boot Options
“Restore Windows 8 using the Factory image restore method in Dell Backup and Recovery”
What is and How to use AlienRespawn
eMachines: Press Left Alt Key + F10
eMachines Support – Answers, E-Mail, Chat – Restore Windows with a …
Fujitsu – Press F8
restore to factory setting. – Fujitsu Support Forum
Gateway: Press Alt + F10 Keys – As Acer owns them: press Left Alt + F10 Keys as per Acer eRecovery
Using Gateway Recovery Management to Restore Windows 8
HP – Press F11 repeatedly at Boot.
Follow these HP steps to do a Recovery to Factory Settings (new condition).
HP PCs – Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8) | HP …
HP PCs – Resetting Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 8) | HP …
Lenovo – Press F11
LG – Press F11 at Boot
Packard Bell: Press and hold the ALT key while pressing repeatedly the F10 key. Release the keys when a message displays that Windows is loading files.
““Using Packard Bell Recovery Management to Restore Windows 8”
Samsung – Press F4 at Boot
Sony Vaio – Tap F10 until the Edit Boot Options screen is displayed
https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36806/c/65,66/kw/windows 8 assist/
Toshiba – Press 12
Windows 8.1: Reset To Factory Settings and Remove Personal Data
You can contact the Laptop/Computer Manufacturer and order Recovery Media from them for a small cost.
Support and downloads for 8 has ended.
Do a clean install of the exact same edition of 8.1 as 8 is.
Windows 8 > 8.1 is a free upgrade released by Microsoft.
IMPORTANT: Read the part about generic keys
You can download and create your own Windows 8.1 Installation Media to reinstall the Operating System with..
“Create installation media for Windows 8.1”
“Download Windows 8.1”
A similar Tutorial which may also assist you
“Create Installation Media for Windows 8.1”
In the first screen of this very simple wizard, you need to choose the following:
Language. English – en-us if you’re in the United States.
Edition. Windows 8.1 (Core), Windows 8.1 N, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro N, or Windows 8.1 Single Language.
Architecture. 64-bit (x64 ) or 32-bit (x86).
“How to Create a Bootable USB or DVD with a Windows 8 or 8.1 ISO”
This will not work to install Windows 8 or 8.1 for UEFI. For that, see this tutorial below instead.
UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive – Create in Windows
To access BIOS/UEFI – UEFI/EFI configuration:
How to clean install:
“How to Do a Clean Install of Windows 8 or Windows 8.1″
Make sure that you read Section 4 about using generic keys
If you have a retail Windows 8 product key and want to clean install Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Update, then you would need to enter a generic key below to install unactivated with, and change the product key later on in step 22 below to activate with your Windows 8 key.
If you have a retail Windows 8.1 product key and want to clean install Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Update, then you are good.
If you have an OEM Windows 8 product key and want to clean install Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Update, then you would need to enter a generic key below to install unactivated with, and change the product key later on in step 22 below to activate with your OEM Windows 8 COA product key.
If you want to clean installWindows 8 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, or Windows 8.1 Update Enterprise, then you would need to change the product key later on in step 22 below to activate since Enterprise editions do not ask to enter a key at this step.
With Windows 8/8.1 The Product Key on preinstalled Operating Systems (HP, Acer, etc) is embedded in the BIOS in the Motherboard, so that the lost and/or worn C.O.A. Sticker problem is no more.
When you reinstall it will pick up the Product Key and activate the system automatically.
If it does not, follow these steps:
“How to Activate Windows 8 and 8.1 by Phone”
“Get help with activation errors”
“How to activate a Microsoft product by using Microsoft Product Activation Center”
How to find the Windows 8 product key:
“Windows 10 Embedded Product Key Tool”
“We’re proud to introduce the immediate release of our newest utility for Windows users: the NeoSmart Technologies Embedded Product Key Tool. Designed for users of Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, our embedded product key tool will retrieve and display the Windows setup product key embedded in the BIOS or EFI, allowing you to store it for safe-keeping or use it to reinstall Windows with an official Windows setup image.”
You can also use:
“Belarc Advisor – Free Personal PC Audit (Version 8.5c)”
See more information related to the topic reset windows computer to factory settings
4 Ways to Factory Reset Your Windows Computer
- Author: Britec09
- Post date: 2021-07-29
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 3458 Ratings )
- Match search results: 4 Ways to Factory Reset Your Windows Computer
From time to time, Windows will need a factory reset, which basically means a fresh install of windows 10. Sometimes windows has issues or problems that we can’t fix and that is where reset this pc comes in. Its a built -in feature which will allow you to do a factory reset of windows 10 without losing any data.
📃Watch related playlists and videos
🚩 Connect with me on social:
✅ Follow on Twitter – http://twitter.com/Britec09
✅ Follow on Facebook: http://facebook.com/BritecComputers
🎬 View my Website: http://BritecComputers.co.uk
💻Discord Access: https://discord.gg/YAuGm5j
🛍 Support me with your Amazon purchases:
How to Factory Reset Windows 10
- Author: www.howtogeek.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 9696 Ratings )
- Match search results: If your Windows 10 PC is running slow or acting abnormally, one of the most surefire ways of fixing the issue is by performing a factory reset. This is also recommended if you’re selling your computer. Here’s how.
How to Restore Windows 10 to Factory Settings
- Author: www.ubackup.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 2218 Ratings )
- Match search results: How to restore Windows 10 to factory settings when your computer does not work as it should or you just want to sell it? Here is a step by step guide for you.
How to factory reset a PC using Windows
- Author: www.asurion.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 7012 Ratings )
- Match search results: Asurion Experts share a step-by-step guide on how to factory reset your PC as well as what happens when you restore your PC to factory settings.
how do i wipe my pc and reset to factory settings
- Author: answers.microsoft.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 5172 Ratings )
- Match search results: how do i perform a factory rest with windows 8
Reset PC to factory settings: Windows 11, 10, 8.1
- Author: ccm.net
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 6239 Ratings )
- Match search results: [HOW TO FACTORY RESET WINDOWS 8.1] Most computers and laptops allow you to reset your device to factory settings in order to repair certain serious issues that you may be experiencing due to a software bug. This article will run through the most basic process for resetting your computer to its default state. Note that the procedure for resetting your device to its factory default varies slightly by model.
Three Ways to Reset Your Windows 10 to Factory Settings
- Author: www.wimware.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 3578 Ratings )
- Match search results: Forgot password and locked out of your Gateway laptop Windows 10? Here are four useful tips to reset the forgotten password or unlock your Gateway laptop/desktop Windows 10 without old password.
See more articles in this category: Computer tips