There are several reasons why you may have sprayed on an iPhone, especially for listening to premium quality sound and taking great pictures with the integrated class-leading cameras. But on a
You are watching: how to fix the headphone jack
There are several reasons why you may have it sprayed on an iPhone, especially for listening to premium quality sound and taking great pictures with the integrated class-leading cameras. But on a bright, sunny morning, you plug in your headphones, turn up the volume and you hear no sound!
Why is my iPhone headphone jack not working? The first thought that probably goes through your mind if you do not hear any sound from your iPhone is to have a look at it by a professional, which may mean paying more money in mobile repair services. But before you go out to fix the audio problem, here are 6 possible solutions to fix iPhone headphone jacks that do not work on iPhone XS / X / 8/7 / 7P / 6s / 6 / 5s / 5 / 4s or iPad / iPod touch.
Solution 1: Check the volume settings
Although this is the first thing most people would do, there are many who overlook it for one reason or another. This is one of the easiest fixes for iPhone headphones, as all you have to do is toggle the volume knob on the left side of your iPhone. Get started with:
- Press the Volume Up button on the side of the phone until you see a small box with the volume level indicator.
- If it says headphones at the top of the box, your iPhone headphone jack has detected that a headset is connected.
- If it says Mute on the volume bar, the sound will not be played unless you mute the volume.
- If the volume control box does not appear when you tap the volume buttons, open the Settings menu on your iPhone and then click Sounds and Haptics.
- Finally, switch the button next to Change with buttons to On.
Solution 2: Clean the headphone jack
Given that your phone travels with you wherever you go, it is bound to collect dust as well in its cracks as the headphone jack. Collection of fluff can affect the connection between the headphones and the socket, which can prevent the headphones from making a noise. Before you start, it can be a good idea to keep a flashlight on hand to see clearly into the socket.
1. Turn on the flashlight and light the candle in the socket. Look carefully to see if there is any fluff.
2. If you notice any fluff or any kind of dust, blow into the jack to get rid of it. If the dust does not disappear after blowing into the outlet, you can try to push some compressed air into it, which usually works well due to the high pressure effect.
3. If the lint is tightly packed in your iPhone 6’s headphone jack and does not come out with breath or compressed air, a cotton swab with a little rubbing alcohol should do the trick. Take a cotton swab and remove most of it Then put a few drops of rubbing alcohol on the tip where you removed the cotton and insert it into the headphone jack. Carefully move it around and try to pull the fluff out.
Solution 3: Restart your iPhone
Like most mobile devices, your iPhone can sometimes freeze and cause the headphone jack to stop working. If you restart the device, the problem may be fixed as follows.
- Hold down the power button at the top of the device on older iPhones and the Volume Up button as well as on iPhone 8 / X / XR / XS devices.
- When the slider appears, drag it from left to right.
- The device will now turn off, and you can repeat step number 1 to turn it on again.
Solution 4: Try other headphones
When trying to fix iPhone headphone jack does not work the problem, your headphones may be the underlying cause of the issue . Make sure it’s really the headphone jack that’s causing the problem, take a pair of working headphones and replace them with the ones you currently have connected to the iPhone headphone jack. If you hear sound, the real cause of the problem is the old headphones, you have only saved yourself some money that you would have spent on complex hardware repair of the socket.
Solution 5: Check if the sound is played via AirPlay and Bluetooth
Even with the headphones connected to the iPhone jack, narrow chances are that the sound is played via another output such as Bluetooth or AirPlay.The process of fixing the headphone jack does not work when the sound is played via another channel varies between different iOS versions.
< p> For iPhones running iOS 10 :
1. Open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and then right to left to see the audio playback section.
2. Once on this screen, click the iPhone button at the bottom and make sure there is a check mark next to the headphones. If the check mark does not already exist, click on headphones to activate them. In case there is no option for headphones, the headphone jack may need hardware repair or the headphone jack may not work properly.
For iPhones running iOS 11 or iOS 12 :
Things work a little differently for iPhones running iOS 11/12, where you first need to: < / p>
1. Open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
2. When the control center is open, tap and hold the sound box in the upper right corner, then tap the AirPlay icon and make sure there is a check mark next to the headphones. If the cross mark is not next to the headphones, simply switch the button to the On position by tapping the headphones.
Solution 6: Reset the iPhone system to fix the iPhone headphone jack does not work
If none of the above conventional methods work, headphones that do not work on the iPhone / iPad when connected to the socket can also be a software problem. In that case, you can fix the problem by restoring the system. Tenorshare ReiBoot is a professional iPhone system recovery tool that aims to repair headphone jack issues and many other iOS issues that get stuck on the apple logo, recovery mode, black screen, etc. Your data will not be deleted during system recovery. Just download ReiBoot for free and restore iOS with a few clicks.
Step 1. Download and install Reiboot software that is appropriate for your operating system. Then run the software and connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2. On the main screen, select Repair Operating System Function.
Step 3. Click “Start Repair” from the user interface to start fixing the iPhone headphone jack.
Step 4. Click Download to download the firmware package.
Step 5. Wait for ReiBoot to repair the iPhone system and fix the headphone problem.
Solution 7: Repair a broken headphone jack
If the above solutions for fixing the headphone jack do not work, you may need to perform a headphone jack repair, as the jack on your device is likely is broken. It is highly recommended that you perform this task if you are comfortable, as the last thing you want to do is damage the device further. And if you’re still under warranty for your iPhone, it’s a wise decision to have it repaired by a professional at the Apple Repair Center.
If you have trouble listening to music via the headphones on your iPhone, the good news is that the above fix iPhone headphone jacks that do not work will work in most cases. Sometimes thinking your iPhone headphones are plugged in, so simply unplugging them and plugging them in again can solve the problem.
See more information related to the topic how to fix the headphone jack
How To Fix Bent Headphone Jack | InfoHoop
- Author: InfoHoop
- Post date: 2021-06-26
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 2574 Ratings )
- Match search results: Fix Headphone broken wire – https://youtu.be/s2OV4-h4uyQ
Follow InfoHoop On
Facebook – Https://Facebook.com/Infohoop
Twitter – Https://Twitter.com/InfohoopMedia
Instagram – Https://Instagram.com/Infohoop
Our Website – https://infohoop.in
My name is Shyamal Dowarah and I run this small channel. You will find some interesting videos on my channel about technology and science in HINDI.
If you have any complaints or copyright issue then please contact me
my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks For Watching My Videos.
infohoop headphone 3.5
How To Fix Headphone Jack? Everything You Need To Know 2022
- Author: hookeaudio.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 3148 Ratings )
- Match search results: The problem is that using and connecting broken headphones is quite common. How To Fix Headphone Jack? Let’s Hooke Audio show you how to fix it.
Is your headphone jack not working? Try these fixes
- Author: www.androidauthority.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 1882 Ratings )
- Match search results: Is your headphone jack not working? Take a look at a few solutions that might help you fix the headphone jack on your smartphone.
Headphone Jack Not Working in Windows 10 – How to Fix Headphones on PC
- Author: www.freecodecamp.org
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 5324 Ratings )
- Match search results: In general, a headphone jack and a pair of headphones improve the sound from your PC. You’ll be able to hear things more clearly, without disturbing other around you. But sometimes, setting them up is difficult. Or they might stop working entirely. This could be due to outdated drivers, or
How to Fix a Loose Headphone Jack
- Author: oldtimemusic.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 8126 Ratings )
- Match search results: The worst thing getting ready to blast your favorite tunes is that headphone jack doesn’t fit properly. Let’s see How to Fix a Loose Headphone Jack now!
How to Fix a Loose Headphone Jack
- Author: www.headphonesty.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 1945 Ratings )
- Match search results: Here are a few quick and easy fixes for when your headphones stubbornly keep falling out of the audio jack.
How to Fix Front Jack Not Working Windows 10 [4 Ways]
- Author: www.partitionwizard.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 2752 Ratings )
- Match search results: A lot of users are troubled by Front audio jack not working Windows 10. Have you also come across this issue? This post explores several effective methods.
See more articles in this category: Computer tips