Have you tried to play one of your installed games on your PS5 gaming console and received the message “Something went wrong”? Is the game or program crashing and closing as a result of this message? This post will go through the mistake in great depth.
PS5 was released on November 12, 2020, and it is backwards compatible with PS4 games. The user interface of the PS5 is straightforward and has all of the current features you’d expect from a gaming system, such as real-time updates on friends, multiplayer activities, and single-player games.
However, the’something went wrong error’ on PS5 can destroy any player’s pleasure since your stored data may be lost if a certain program fails. Let us walk you through why the mistake occurs and what you can do to remedy it.
Ps5 won’t connect to the Internet, this is your solution.
Why does my PS5 say can’t load something went wrong
The following are some of the possible causes of the “Can’t Load Something Went Wrong” problem message on your Playstation 5.
- The can’t load issue is caused by a problem with your internet connection.
- PS5 servers are being serviced or are experiencing a technical issue that prevents them from connecting to your console.
- It is possible that your account will be suspended or banned.
How do you fix PS5 can’t load something went wrong error
To fix the error, you can try the following troubleshooting methods.
Check PlayStation server status
An interruption in Playstation network services might occasionally cause the “Can’t load” error on your PS5 game system. As a result, it is essential to start by checking the official PSN server status in your location. If there is an issue with the server, you must wait until the problem is resolved and the server responds to your PS5.
Check internet connectivity issues
If you are experiencing bad internet speed or have weak WIFI signal strength, your PS5 may register an error when loading content. To troubleshoot internet difficulties on your PS5 console, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Network by clicking Settings.
- Then, go to the Connection status section.
- Select Test Internet Connection now.
When the network test is finished and an issue with suggested speed is discovered, restart your router or contact your internet service provider to resolve the issue. Alternatively, connect to the internet via Ethernet connection and repeat the test.
Adjust game menu settings
Disabling WIFI while running the game on your PS5 might sometimes resolve the loading problem. To accomplish this, first:
- On your Playstation 5, go to the Game Menu.
- Next, navigate to the WIFI Settings page and choose the Enable checkbox.
- Before attempting to rejoin, click the Play Online button many times while connected to the internet.
- Check to see whether the problem has been resolved.
Reinstall the game app
You can uninstall and reinstall certain games or programs if they are causing the problem. This repair is effective for the vast majority of gamers. To accomplish this on your PS5, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the PS5 Home screen and highlight the game or program that is generating the problem.
- Hit the Options key, choose Delete, and then press Ok.
- Return to the Home screen and choose Game Library.
- Scroll down until you find the app you deleted and click on it.
- Choose to download and install the game or app.
How do you update your PS5 when it says something went wrong?
Whether none of the preceding solutions helped you with the “Can’t load Something Went Wrong” problem, you can check to see if an update for your PS5 console is available. The upgraded program may include a patch that corrects flaws discovered in prior software versions. To check for and install a system update:
- Check to see if your PS5 is connected to the internet.
- Go to the Settings menu from the Home screen and select System.
- Navigate to the System Software section.
- Then, choose System Software Update, followed by Settings.
- Select Update System Software now.
- If an update is available, your PS5 will download and install it to resolve the issue.
How do you hard reset a PS5?
Quite often, hard resetting your PS5 will cure game issues. To accomplish this, first:
- Go to Settings –> System –> Backup & Restore to back up your stuff.
- Select Backup your PS5 now. store the information on an external disk
- Then, using the Power button, switch off PS5.
- After a few seconds, hit and hold the Power button until you hear a second beep from the PS5.
- Connect your controller to the console and hit the PS button to start it in safe mode.
- Finally, choose Reset PS5 or Reset PS5 (Reinstall System Software)
Wait a few minutes for the procedure to complete before restarting the PS5 to boot in regular mode.
Aside from the PS5 server problem, the “Can’t load” warning indicates that something went wrong with your console, game/app, or internet connection. Hopefully, you have resolved the problem notice on your console and are now able to play your favorite games without interruption.