Windows 10 error “pc needs to be repaired error code 0xc00000e” may be your challenge right now but by the end of this article you will know how to fix this error in no time.
You are watching : computer error code 0xc00000e
If you are facing error code 0xc00000e, it may be due to factors such as incorrect drive configuration or hardware failure. Your operating system may also not be able to locate its startup location or the winload.exe file may be corrupted and therefore inaccessible.
To be able to deal with all these factors and repair error code 0xc00000e, you must carefully follow the methods described in this article.
How to resolve Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e
With the following methods, you can repair error code 0xc00000e. Now, which method you choose to use will be determined by the cause of the error in the case of your PC.
Method 1: Check the physical connections of the devices
Start by checking if there are any external devices connected to your PC. This method is important because if the BIOS or UEFI is configured in such a way that the external device is higher on the boot preference order scale than your computer’s hard drive, it will affect the boot process. startup. Your computer will try to boot from the external drive, rather than your system’s hard drive. This could lead your computer to boot into this error code 0xc00000e.
CDs, USB sticks, DVDs, other USB storage devices, etc. are examples of external devices that could cause such problems.
Method 2: Rebuild the BCD file
The BCD (Boot Configuration Data) file contains the boot configuration parameters, these parameters indicate how to start your Windows operating system. So, a corrupted BCD will pose a problem for your PC, resulting in this error.
To rebuild your BCD file, you need to create bootable media from the ISO, insert it into your Windows 10 computer and follow the steps below:
- Once your computer boots from the bootable media you created, choose the “Next” button that you see at the bottom right of the screen
- Click on “Repair your computer”, the link of which is at the bottom left of your screen, so you have to be careful. Don’t be tempted to click on the “Install Now” button which is obviously in the center of the screen as this will take you to a fresh install of your Windows 10 OS
- Select to begin “Troubleshooting”; then choose the “Command Prompt” tab from the list below the “Advanced Options” window.
- To continue, choose the account you are currently using.
- Type your computer password if you have one
- Enter this command: bootrec /rebuildbcd. Now press the “Enter” key.
- When the installation is found for Windows, go to your keyboard and press the letter “Y”. This will allow it to start from the list and thus rebuild your system’s BCD
- When finished, type the following instructions, pressing “Enter” after each line
Method 3: Rebuild the BCR registry hive
This method will repair your boot sector files and establish them again. Create bootable media using a media creation tool, then do the following:
- The bootable medium can be either a USB stick or a DVD/CD. So you can plug it in if it’s a drive or insert it if it’s a CD/DVD. Restart your computer
- Go to the “BIOS” or “Boot meu” settings window and reset the boot order to prioritize bootable media as the primary device to boot from. To start the computer, press any key of your choice.
- Pause as system files load completely
- Choose what you prefer and click “Next”
- Select the option “Repair your computer”
- Select the next option “Troubleshoot”
- Click on “Advanced options”
- Launch the “command prompt” from the list of options and if you need to, select your user account and enter the password you set for the account
- Now in the command prompt field, type the commands described below and after each one press “Enter”
- Exit this window, remove the drive, and restart the computer as you normally would.
Method 4: Use automatic repair utility
Windows has a built-in automatic repair tool that can be used to fix Windows errors. You can access the utility from an installation disc and fix the error by following these steps:
- Boot your computer from the Windows installation disc
- Choose the correct time, language and keyboard input, then click “Next”
- Select the “Troubleshoot” option after clicking “Repair your computer”
- Choose “Advanced Options”
- Click the “Automatic Repair” button, then choose your OS
Method 5: Reset BIOS/UEFI configuration
Error code 0xc00000e can be resolved by a BIOS/UEFI configuration reset.
- Start your computer normally and press the necessary key to enter the BIOS settings window. Different computers have different shortcut keys for this function, but the most popular are F2, F12, Esc, Del, etc.
- Navigate the screen with the arrow keys on your keyboard to find the default BIOS setup option. Click on this option once you find it and press “Enter” key to begin BIOS reset or setup
- Using F10 as a hotkey, save changes and exit the BIOS settings window. Your PC will restart automatically
Method 6: Mark the boot disk as online
You need to mark your computer’s startup disk as online so that it doesn’t miss booting. Insert a bootable USB media into your Windows 10 computer, then do the following:
- Boot your computer from the boot disk you inserted. Now enter WinRE by choosing “Next” and “Repair your computer” in the first two screens that appear
- Click “Troubleshoot”. From there, choose to go to “Advanced Options”, then press the “Command Prompt” button
- Choose the account you use and type in your password
- In the command prompt window, enter: diskpart. This will launch the Diskpart utility; just press “Enter” in the current window
- To see the list of all partitions and disks on your PC, type the command “list disk” or “list volume” and press the “Enter” key to execute
- You will need to choose the disk or partition containing your operating system. To do this, type “select disk*” or “select volume*” and press the “Enter
- To mark the disk or partition you have chosen as “Online”, type the statement “online disk” or “online volume”. Press “Enter” again to run
- To exit diskpart, enter “exit” and “Enter”.
- Close the window completely.
Method 7: Check Windows 8.1/10 WHQL support setting in BIOS
Configuring WHQL support in Windows 8.1/10 BIOS serves two main purposes: to allow you to enable UEFI support and to check for drivers that have been signed during the boot process. If this WHQL support setting is not enabled in your system, you must enable it. This will allow your computer to boot smoothly, as a disabled WHQL support setting could be a reason your computer boots with error code 0xc00000e. Go to the BIOS settings as shown in method 5 above and check them.
Method 8: Save your data and reinstall Windows
If all else fails, you may need to reinstall the Windows operating system. Note that reinstalling your Windows will erase everything. It is therefore necessary to save your important data before proceeding with the reinstallation of Windows. Data recovery is preferably done with third-party software and it is highly recommended to do it with Recoverit Data Recovery software. The steps for using this software will be explained in the next section. Reinstall Windows using a created bootable USB drive and follow these steps:
- Boot your computer from the boot disk and click “Next” on the first page that appears
- Select “Install Now”
- Click to indicate that you do not have a product key since you are reinstalling and not reactivating
- Choose your operating system and select “Next” to continue
- Accept the license terms and press “Next”
- Select “Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)” and continue
- Choose the drive required for installing Windows 10; the drive is normally “drive 0”. Click on this drive and select “Delete” to be able to remove the partition from the drive
- Press “OK”
- Select the empty partition and choose “Next”.
- Once the reinstallation of Windows is complete, you can create a new user account and perform a configuration that suits you
How to recover unsaved or lost data due to error code 0x00000e
Recoverit Data Recovery is third-party software that can be used to recover data that has been lost or not backed up from a wide range of data loss scenarios. If you have lost data or have unsaved data that you cannot access due to error code 0xc00000e, Recoverit is the perfect tool to use. It can also recover data from “Recycle Bin”, system “Trash”, formatted drives, external storage device, corrupted SD cards, internal hard drives, crashed systems, among others. Recoverit works perfectly with Windows OS, and Mac OS as well. It can also be used to recover different types of data such as images, audios, videos, zipped files, etc.
With the three-step procedure below, you can use Recoverit to recover unsaved or lost data due to error code 0xc00000e:
Step 1: Choose a location
Choose where you want to recover the files and select “Start”.
Step 2: Scan the location
The location will be scanned by the tool once you press “Start”. All lost and unsaved data will be recovered
Step 3: Preview and Save
Click “Recover” button to save all recovered data once you review it.
Various factors can be responsible for error code 0xc00000e, but one must commit to the process to fix this error. If your Windows 10 has been affected by this error, you have found the right article to help you fix it. For lost or unsaved data, you can access their location and recover them with Recoverit Data Recovery.
See more information related to the topic computer error code 0xc00000e
How to Fix Windows 10 Error Code 0xc00000e? [5 Solutions]
- Author: Wondershare Recoverit Data Recovery
- Post date: 2021-04-15
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 9711 Ratings )
- Match search results: Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e keep popping up? Fixed now! In this video, you can refer to 5 solutions on how to solve error code 0xc00000e: https://bit.ly/2Qlo0BA
The Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e is actually a sign of missing updates or a defective boot sector. Usually, it means that you have corrupted boot configuration data. This error code 0xc00000e mostly occurs when you try to boot up the windows or after cloning your system image. You face this error either when the boot configuration data goes missing, misconfigured, or corrupted. To fix this error code 0xc00000e, you can give the following solutions a try.
1:23 Solution 1: Check any connections to physical devices
2:14 Solution 2: Rebuild The BCD File
3:49 Solution 3: Use Windows Automatic Repair Utility
5:10 Solution 4: Check and Reset the BIOS Setting
5:56 Solution 5: Rescue your data and reinstall the Windows
7:06 How to recover lost data due to error 0xc00000e?
Guide to fix error code 0xc00000e in official site: https://bit.ly/2Qlo0BA
▶SUBSCRIBE to get more solutions: https://www.youtube.com/c/RecoveritDataRecoverySoftware?sub_confirmation=1
▶Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/RecoveritDataRecovery/
▶Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/WS_Recoverit
▶Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/wondershare.recoverit/
▶Follow us on Quora Space: https://www.quora.com/q/recoverit
▶Follow us on our Quora account: https://www.quora.com/profile/Recoverit-Data-Recovery-7
Fix Windows 10 Error Code 0xc00000e Without Losing Data
- Author: www.easeus.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 7590 Ratings )
- Match search results: If you encounter Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e during the startup, try the 6 effective solutions here to troubleshoot the problem. Remember to use EaseUS data recovery software to restore lost files to keep data safe.
How to Fix Windows 10 Error Code 0xc00000e
- Author: www.makeuseof.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 3528 Ratings )
- Match search results: The error code 0xc00000e is a Windows 10 BSOD error that appears during the startup. Let’s troubleshoot the problem with these solutions.
11 Methods of Solving the 0xc00000e Error
- Author: www.bitwarsoft.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 5685 Ratings )
- Match search results: Have you ever encountered the 0xc00000e error code during the startup of Windows 10? Click on this link to learn how to fix it!
8 Methods to Resolve Windows 10 Error Code 0xc00000e
- Author: recoverit.wondershare.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 4071 Ratings )
- Match search results: The Windows 10 “pc needs to be repaired error code 0xc00000e” may be your challenge now but at the end of this article, you will have learned how to fix this error code and make it go away.
Error Code 0xc00000e: What It Is and How to Fix It
- Author: www.lifewire.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 4459 Ratings )
- Match search results: The Windows error code 0xc00000e isn’t an insurmountable problem, but it’s one you need to fix right away. Here are some troubleshooting tips that might help.
How to Fix Error Code 0xc000000e Without CD in Windows 10, 8, 7?
- Author: www.diskpart.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 8573 Ratings )
- Match search results: Error Code: 0xc000000e makes your computer unable to start? Refer to this post to know how to deal with this issue.
See more articles in this category: Computer tips