Subnautica Below Zero has exceeded the expectations of players. The launch was a bumpy experience that made this game stand out. Many players experienced crashes, unexpected errors, game not launching and many other issues. These crashes, unexpected errors and the game not launching aren’t necessarily a problem with Subnautica. They can be found on any other game, in fact. We will now show you how to fix them.
How To Fix Crash, Not Launching and Unexpected Errors – Subnautica : Below Zero
Here’s a quick overview on the possible solutions to the errors in Subnautica Below Zero
- As an administrator, run the game
- Verify the integrity of game files;
- Update operating systems and drivers for graphics cards;
- Add a restricted folder access exception to
- Disable Fullscreen Optimizations;
- Run in different compatibility mode.
NOTE : This guide will only cover fixes for people who use a PC.
Run As Administrator
- Locate the Subnautica executable or shortcut file.
- Right-click the link and click Properties.
- Navigate to Compatibility tab.
- Choose ‘Run this programme as an administrator’. Click Apply and click OK!
If the problem persists, you can try the game again.
Disable Fullscreen Optimizements
Follow the same steps as the previous one to do this. Next, instead of choosing ‘Run the program as an administrator’ select ‘Disable fullscreen optimizations’ and then apply and click OK.
Start the game and if you still get an error, switch to Compatibility mode to Windows 8 (or earlier) in the Compatibility tab.
Update OS & GPU Drivers
Although it may sound cliché, this can cause launch issues for certain games if the operating system or GPU drivers aren’t up to date.
- Type “Windows Update” into the Start Menu.
- Next, click the “Check for Updates” button.
Restart the system after an update.
To Update GPU Drivers
- Right-click on the Start menu button.
- Click on ‘Device Manager’ and then go to Display Adapters’.
- Locate your dedicated graphics card and click it to the right. Then, hit ‘Update Driver.
- Choose ‘Search for updates automatically.
5. . Wait for it to finish and try Subnautica Below Zero.
Verify Integrity Game Files
Some installation processes can cause corrupted files in rare cases. This is easily fixed, as Subnautica is available on Steam. You can also check the integrity and authenticity of the install files.
Open Steam, navigate to your Library, click Subnautica and then go to Properties. Navigate to the Local Files tab and click ‘Verify integrity game files’.
Wait for verification to complete, then launch the game and see if you still have an issue.
Controlled File Access Exception
The control of folder access acts like a mini-antivirus on Windows. It will stop the user from reading or writing files if it suspects that the application is harmful. After you launch Subnautica Below Zero, you will normally see a notification in your bottom right corner.
In controlled folder access, you can add an exception if that is the case.
- Type in Controlled Folder Access into the Start Menu.
- Next, hit Enter.
- Click on “Allow an App through Controlled Folder Access” to go to the next screen.
- Click “Add an app” and then “Browse all apps”.
5. Select Subnautica Below Zero to find it.
Subnautica must be added to the list. After that, you can run the game.
Try reinstalling the game if none of the above solutions worked. Although the chances of this working are slim, it may fix the problem if none of the other fixes worked.
You should also check the minimum requirements to run Subnautica Below Zero. This could cause unexpected crashes, errors or black screens, and even the game not starting at all.