‘Multitasking means screwing up several things at once’ Author Unknown With its pros and cons, Skype is a must-have tool these days – we rely heavily on it to deliver effective communication, and the app tends to serve that purpose well. But what if the Skype installation fails due to mysterious error 1618? It does this […helip;]
You are watching: how to fix skype issue with recorder
With its pros and cons, Skype is a must-have tool these days – we rely heavily on it to provide effective communication and the app is for that purpose. tends to serve well.
What if Skype installation fails due to mysterious error 1618? Does that mean you can’t get the good old app out forever?
Of course not. This problem can be easily fixed if you know what to do.
Why is Skype Error 1618 Cropping?
The issue occurs when you are trying to make several uploads at the same time.
For example, if you see error code 1618 when installing Skype:
- You may have accidentally started the Skype installation twice;
- another installation is in progress at the same time;
- Your Windows 10 is installing updates.
So, to keep the ‘Another installation already in progress’ error message away, you should:
- when installing programs be careful;
- avoid parallel installations;
- wait for existing downloads / installations to complete before continuing with another installation.
Despite all the above precautions, Skype continue to explore our solutions for persistent error 1618 if it continues to have problems.
Skype 1618 Bug Fixes
The best tips on how to fix Skype 1618 installation problem. Our 12 good tips:
- Finish the Microsoft Installer Process
- Run Skype as Administrator
- Install Windows Updates
- Your Registry Edit
- Run a Full Malware Scan of Your System
- Repair Your Drivers
- Clean Your PC of Unnecessary and Other Speed-Draining Issues
- Windows Installer reboot
- Resave the Windows Installer Files
- Change Group Policy Settings
- Uninstall Skype
- Reinstall Your Windows< /li>
You can choose the method you like the most and follow the steps to fix error 1618.
Well, it’s time to start our journey. But you should make a backup first.
In fact, we highly recommend backing up your personal files before launching an attack on this particular bug.
As a precaution, use any of the following tools to your advantage:
- Portable backup devices (eg Flash drives, compact discs etc.)
- Cloud solutions (eg OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive etc.)
- Private backup software (eg Auslogics BitReplica)
Also, we guess it wouldn’t hurt to create a system restore point:
- Windows logo key + S -> In the search box, type restore –> Create a restore point
- System Properties ->> Create -> Define the restore point you want to create -> Create
If things don’t go as planned, you can always return:
- Start ->> Control Panel ->> System and Security -> File History
- Recovery ->> Open System Restore -> Next
- Select the restore point you want to go back to –> Next -> End -> Yes
By the way, you can use the instructions above to roll back your computer to the last working restore point – this will undo the last system changes. Try this maneuver as it has been reported to fix Skype error 1618.
1. End the Microsoft Installer Process
Truth be told, some patience is required when it comes to installing programs on your computer: for example, you should only continue with a Skype installation when no other installation processes are running. However, we understand that you may need to use the app without delay. In such a case, you will need to end the msiexec.exe process manually.
Use the Windows Task Manager for this purpose:
- Ctrl + Alt + Del –> Task Manager
- Processes ->> Select the MSIEXEC.EXE process –> Click End Process
- Install Skype
Is the problem resolved? If not, hurry up to try the method below.
2. Run Skype as Administrator
If error 1618 prevents Skype installation from succeeding, you can try the following workaround:
Skype setup file ->> Right-click on it -> Run as administrator
Did it work?
If you still get the message ‘Another installation is in progress’, continue working downwards.
3 . Install Windows Updates
If your computer is acting strangely (including generating 1618 installation errors), your system may need updating.
Use the built-in Windows Update feature:
- Windows logo key + I -> Update and Security -> Check for updates
- Allow available updates to come
- Wait for the installation process to complete
- Restart your computer
Now Skype’ Try installing it on your computer. If the annoying 1618 error code is still here, consider tweaking your Windows registry.
4. Edit Your Registry
At any cost, be extremely careful when editing your registry – even a small mistake can damage your system and cause your PC to be in shambles.
Therefore, the registry we highly recommend backing up your notebook before editing it:
- Windows logo key + R –> Type regedit.exe in the run box-> Enter
- Registry Editor –> Select the registry keys and/or subkeys you want to back up -> File> Export -> Select the location and name for the backup file –> Save
You can now make the necessary changes:
- Windows logo key + R –> Type ‘regedit’ in the run box
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Installer \.
- Find and delete PendingFileRenameOperations
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Move to SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Updates
- Search for UpdateExeVolatile –> Double click on it -> Set it to 0
If the Skype installation problem persists, proceed to the following method.
After the registry settings, you can see that there is a problem with your system. restore the Windows Registry:
- Windows logo key + R –> Type ‘regedit.exe’ in the run box-> Enter -> Registry Editor
- File –> Import -> Import Registry File -> Find the required backup file –> Open
5. Run a Full Malware Scan on Your System
Error code 1618 may be a symptom of a malware infection. So, feel free to run a full system scan. Your main goal is to detect malicious intruders and remove them from your PC.
For this purpose, you can use:
Windows Defender is a built-in security solution that can be very helpful in dealing with malware problems and protecting your system.
To run a full system scan with Windows Defender, do the following:
Settings --> Update & Security -> Windows Defender -> Open Windows Defender -> Full
Your main antivirus solution
If you use a third-party antivirus as your main security solution, let it beat malware.
A dedicated anti-malware tool
Looking for ultimate victory? If so, make sure your main antivirus is scanning every corner of your Windows 10 – even a minor negligence can cause serious damage.
The problem is that some malicious threats are so cunning as to steal a walk in your antivirus. Fortunately, it has loyal allies always ready to help: for example, Auslogics Anti-Malware will be happy to destroy threats your main security solution misses.
6. Repair Your Drivers
Driver problems are great at wreaking havoc on your computer. For example, they can easily turn the Skype installation into a nightmare. Therefore, repairing your drivers can eliminate the annoying error code 1618 and greenlight a successful Skype installation.
In this context, you can:
Use Driver Verifier to find drivers that are misbehaving. use
Start menu ->> Type verifier -> Enter
Use Device Manager
Win + X ->> Device Manager -> Locate your devices and update / reinstall their drivers
Manually troubleshoot your drivers
If you want everything under control, feel free to update your drivers yourself . To do this, visit your manufacturers’ websites, download the latest drivers for your device models and install them on your computer.
Use special software to fix all your drivers
Updating your drivers one by one can be quite a tedious task. You can save time by fixing them all in one click using a special tool like Auslogics Driver Updater.
7. Free Your Computer from Unnecessary and Other Speed-Draining Problems
If you want to enjoy Skype calls, make sure your computer is not cluttered before installing the application. Otherwise, you may run into frustrating setup problems.
What you can do to clean up your machine:
Remove temporary setup files
What certain applications place on your computer Temporary installation files can cause Skype installation to fail.
To delete them, go to:
- Windows logo key + R –> Type ‘temp’ in the run box-> Enter
- Delete everything in the Temp folder
- C: \ Windows \ Temp ->> Erase everything in this folder
Run Disk Cleanup
A messy hard drive is another possible cause of setup errors.
< p>Use the built-in Disk Cleanup solution to declutter your disk:
- Win + R ->> Type ‘cleanmgr’ in the run box -> Enter -> Disk Cleanup
- (Disk Cleanup for C 🙂 ->> Clean system files -> Select items you don’t need –> OK
Run System File Checker
You may not be able to install Skype due to corrupt or missing system files on your computer. Lucky for you, Windows 10 provides the ability to fix them automatically.
All you need is to run System File Checker:
- Start ->> Enter Command Prompt -> Right click Command Prompt ->> Select run as administrator -> Enter DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth -> Enter sfc /scannow
- Wait for the system scan to finish –> Restart your computer
Use a dedicated diagnostic tool
There are many problems that can degrade your PC performance in general and Skype installation in particular.< /p>
- junk files (eg residual update files, junk cache, unused error logs, temporary system and user files, etc.)
- Broken keys and invalid entries in the Windows registry
- non-optimal Windows settings
You can resolve them manually or use a special tool like Auslogics BoostSpeed to do this quickly and safely.
If using the tips above didn’t help you fix error 1618, now is the time to deal with the Windows Installer service.
8. Restart Windows Installer
Reportedly, Windows Installer may be the main culprit of the Skype 1618 crisis.
In such a case, disabling and enabling the Windows Installer service is an effective solution:< /p>
- Windows logo key + R –> Type ‘services.msc’ in the run box-> Enter
- Search for the Windows Installer service –> Double click on it -> Properties
- Startup type ->> Disabled -> Save changes
- Restart the computer
- Windows logo key + R –> Type ‘services.msc’ in the run box-> Enter
- Startup type ->> Manually -> Save changes
- Restart computer
Can you install Skype on your PC now?
If not, here’s another trick about Windows Installer .
9. Re-register the Windows Installer Files
If restarting the Windows Installer didn’t work, try re-registering its files.
Here’s how to do it:
- Windows logo key + X -> Command Prompt (Admin)
- Add the following:
msiexec / unregister
msiexec / regserver
- Wait for commands to be executed
- Close Command Prompt
- Restart your computer
- Try installing Skype
No luck so far? Don’t worry, the next fix might really help.
10. Change Group Policy Settings
Changing your group policy settings can be an effective solution to Skype error 1618.
Follow the instructions below to make these changes:
- Windows logo key + R -> Type ‘gpedit.msc’ in the Run box ->> OK
- Computer Configuration ->> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment
- Debug programs ->> Double-click this option
- Find the Administrators account in the list –> if not, click Add User or Group and Administrator account.
- Apply –> OK
11. Completely Uninstall Skype
If you have Skype on your computer, the application may not have been completely uninstalled: some remaining files may still remain on your system. They need to be removed – otherwise your new Skype is set to fail installation.
To completely remove Skype, make the following edits:
- Windows logo key + R –> ; Type regedit.exe in the run box-> Enter -> Registry Editor
- Edit –> Find -> In the Find box type Skype –> Find Next
- Right click on the search results ->> Delete
12. Reinstall Your Windows
Reinstalling your Windows 10 is a great opportunity to start from scratch: in fact, bugs are supposed to give your system plenty of room after this.
However, Windows A clean install of your 10 is a kind of escape that can result in tears – the main thing is that your personal files are completely destroyed. So be sure to back up your important data to avoid painful loss.
We hope that nothing can prevent you from installing Skype on your PC now.
See more information related to the topic how to fix skype issue with recorder
How to fix Skype Audio problem
- Author: The Geek Page
- Post date: 2021-07-03
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 6654 Ratings )
- Match search results: How to fix Skype Audio problem
Evaer video & audio call recorder for Skype – Why I got the message
- Author: www.evaer.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 8869 Ratings )
- Match search results: Solution 1. —————————————————————————————- Please upgrade your Evaer to the most recent version(18.104.22.168) …
Skype recording runtime errors
- Author: answers.microsoft.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 7666 Ratings )
- Match search results: I’ve been successfully using Skype for Business for a project where I need to record a series of calls. A few days ago, one recording failed, and I think that caused the following calls to fail also.
Skype for Business Recording Failed
- Author: www.risual.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 4479 Ratings )
- Match search results:
How to troubleshoot recording online meetings in Skype for Business Online – Skype for Business
- Author: docs.microsoft.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 4710 Ratings )
- Match search results: Discusses how to troubleshoot issues that may occur when you record online meetings in Lync 2010 or Lync 2013 while you’re signed in to Skype for Business Online.
How To Fix Skype Recording Device Problem
- Author: www.technobezz.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 8319 Ratings )
- Match search results:
Calling family or friends on Skype saves a lot of your money. But if you find that Skype is not working and the moment you are trying to make a call, the call is hanged up and giving you a message “problem on recording device”. it’s annoying – we know that. Some users said the issue once or twice and then disappeared. However, many people said they are constantly facing this problem. We are going to share some simple steps that will help you get rid of the issue. See also: How to fix Skype connection issue Steps to fix recording device
How to Fix Skype Audio Not Working on Windows 10
- Author: www.guidingtech.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 4044 Ratings )
- Match search results: Is Skype audio not working for you? Read the post to find the best fixes for the issue.
See more articles in this category: Computer tips